Sotalol (Betapace, Betapace AF, Sorine, Sotylize) is a drug to treat abnormal heart rhythms. Sotalol reduces the firing of the hearts built-in pacemaker and it affects nerve receptors. This drug has potentially dangerous side effects and should be prescribed with caution.
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter
the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...learn more »
In This Article
Atrial Flutter Article
- Atrial flutter definition and facts
- What is atrial flutter (ECG)?
- What does atrial flutter feel like (symptoms)?
- Is atrial flutter dangerous?
- How long does atrial flutter last?
- Atrial flutter vs. atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- What causes atrial flutter?
- Who gets atrial flutter (risks)?
- Are atrial flutter, stroke, and heart attack the same?
- How do the ECG wave strip patterns of atrial flutter differ from a normal ECG?
- Medications to treat and manage atrial flutter
- What procedures treat and manage atrial flutter?
- Which specialties of doctors treat atrial flutter?
- How can atrial flutter be prevented?
- What is the prognosis and life expectancy for a person with atrial flutter?