Patient Comments: Sore Throat - OTC Remedies

What OTC remedies were helpful with the symptoms of sore throat?

Comment from: Yuki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I started my sore throat on Monday. Nothing major, bought a bag of cough drops and it helped. Next day, started coughing a bit and having trouble keeping my voice sounding normal. Today, can't even speak without my voice cracking and I'm hacking up my lungs. I've gone to the pharmacy and they gave me Chloraseptic. Let's hope I get better.

Comment from: 25-34 Female Published: November 04

I went to the ER with my sore throat, body aches, and fever. They said it was a virus and told me about the poor man's sore throat fix. You take a bottle of Maalox and squirt a tube of baby Anbesol into it and shake it really well. Every three to four hours you gargle this and then swallow. Not only does it numb your throat but it helps with an upset stomach. You must use the baby Anbesol though. Regular strength is too much for your body. I was able to drink this, wait five minutes take some pain relievers, and then eat a little soft food.

Sore Throat - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of sore throat and how long did they last?
Sore Throat - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies were helpful with the symptoms of sore throat?
Sore Throat - Antibiotics Question: What antibiotics were you prescribed for sore throat and why?
Sore Throat - Experience Question: Please share your experience with sore throat.