- What is sofosbuvir, and how does it work?
- What brand names are available for sofosbuvir?
- Is it available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for it?
- What types of hepatitis C infections does it treat (uses)?
- Sofosbuvir side effects
- How do I use or take sofosbuvir (dosage)?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with sofosbuvir?
- Is it safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about this drug?
What types of hepatitis C infections does it treat (uses)?
Sofosbuvir side effects
The most common side effects reported by patients include:
Other side effects include:
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Reduced blood cells,
- Severe depression, and
- Increases in bilirubin levels
Quick GuideHepatitis C (Hep C) Symptoms and Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.