sodium fluoride gel - dental (cont.)
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US National Poison Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: burning in the mouth, sore tongue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased saliva, stomach pain/cramping, muscle weakness, shaking, seizures.
NOTES: Use of this medication does not replace good dental habits. Continue to brush and floss your teeth regularly as directed by your dentist, and have regular dental checkups.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss an appointment to have the medication applied, contact your dentist immediately for a new appointment.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 68-77 degrees F (20-25 degrees C) away from heat. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Last Editorial Review: 9/22/2010
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index