GENERIC NAME: sodium chloride intranasal spray
BRAND NAME: Ocean, Ayr Saline, Humist, NaSal, Little Noses, Ocean for Kids
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
- Intranasal sodium chloride is used for relieving nasal congestion and dryness.
- It also is used as a pretreatment for nasal steroid administration.
Intranasal sodium chloride rarely causes side effects. Side effects of this product may include:
- Allergic reaction (rare)
- Eye irritation if sprayed in the eye
- Nose irritation
- Abnormal taste
- The recommended dose for relieving nasal congestion and dryness is 2 sprays per nostril as needed.
- When used as a pretreatment prior to administering nasal steroids the recommended dose is 1 spray per nostril 2 to 6 times daily.
Quick GuideHow to Prevent the Common Cold
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.