Patient Comments: Snoring - Partners and Family Members

Do you sleep or live with someone who snores? Share your experience, along with any remedies.

Comment from: Fed Up, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 03

My husband has been snoring for about the past 5 years. He snores with his mouth clamped shut (i.e. through his nose) and is so loud he can be heard from across the hallway with two bedroom doors closed. It drives me crazy, if we have visitors then I have to sleep (not!) in the same room as him, or if we go away, so I do not get any sleep at all. I have tried various anti-snore devices but nothing has worked, and even with me wearing ear plugs I can still hear him; his doctor just thinks it is a joke. It is no joke for me and I have had enough.

Comment from: Tsk, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 28

I am related to the person who snores. I would like to know in detail the problems associated with not taking medical advice for snoring. I am worried as the patient has been neglecting the problem for the past so many years. The present age of the patient is 36 years.

Snoring - Treatments Question: What treatments have you found helpful to stop snoring?
Snoring - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with snoring.
Snoring - Causes Question: What caused your snoring?