Patient Comments: Quitting Smoking- Effective Treatments

Question:What treatments have been effective to assist in quitting smoking.

Published: December 17

I am using Chantix. I'm on my 2nd week of not smoking and am doing great. It really reduces the urge and side effects related to smoking. This is going to work for me. I have no desire to smoke.

Comment from: Genie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have recently stopped smoking using Chantix. I found it fairly easy to stop. It has now been a little over two months. I will admit that I still miss the ciggies, but I am struggling on. I hope I manage to stay a non-smoker.

Comment from: Quit smoking now, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

I used chantix and it has some side effects but even i am very comfortable with chantix only. I am started before 2 months. I feel that I left my habit.

Comment from: buttout, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I have tried the patch quit for 65 days then went back and I have just started Chantix day 3 of non smoking, we will see what happens.

Comment from: Shellypoo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I am taking the medicine bupropion, and my breathing is abnormal. Is this normal to experience this, and if so, for how long?

Smoking (How to Quit Smoking) - Obstacles Question: What are/were your biggest obstacles in quitting smoking?
Quitting Smoking - The First Day Question: What was it like the day you quit smoking? Give others an idea of what to expect by describing your experience.
Quitting Smoking - Prescriptions Question: Did you try a prescription treatment to quit smoking? For someone who's never tried it, describe what it's like.
Quitting Smoking - Methods That Work Question: Discuss the various methods you tried to quit smoking. What, if anything, worked?
Quitting Smoking - Tips for Quitting Question: Did you quit smoking for good? If so, how did you do it? Please provide tips to help others who are trying to quit.