Smoking and Heart Disease (cont.)
In this Article
How Does Smoking Increase Heart Disease Risk?
The nicotine present in smoke causes heart disease by:
How Can Quitting Smoking Be Helpful?
Now that you know how smoking can be harmful to your health and the health of those around you, here are some ways quitting can be helpful. If you quit smoking, you will:
Viewers share their comments
Smoking and Heart Disease - Avoiding Question: In what ways do you avoid the urge to smoke?
Smoking and Heart Disease - Withdrawal Question: Describe your withdrawal experience while trying to quit smoking.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions