Smoking and Heart Disease Index
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases blood pressure, blood clots, and damages coronary arteries. Learn how to quit smoking today, to prolong your life.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
In This Article
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters) Article
- Pregnancy definition and facts*
- How many weeks is a normal term pregnancy?
- What is the first trimester of pregnancy (week 1-week 12)?
- What is the second trimester of pregnancy (week 13-week 28)?
- What is the third trimester trimester of pregnancy (week 29-week 40)?
- How will my baby develop week by week?
- What are the changes that happen to a woman's body during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimester of her pregnancy?
- Body aches
- Breast changes
- Fatigue, sleep problems
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Hemorrhoids during pregnancy
- Leg cramps
- Morning sickness
- Nasal problems
- Numb or tingling hands
- Stretch marks, skin changes
- Urinary frequency and leaking
- Varicose veins
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...learn more »
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...learn more »
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...learn more »
In This Article
- Stroke definition and facts
- What is a stroke?
- What is the NIH Stroke Scale?
- What are the risk factors for stroke?
- What are the warning signs and symptoms of a stroke?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a stroke?
- What is a transient ischemic attack (TIA)?
- What are the types of stroke?
- What causes a stroke?
- What tests diagnose stroke?
- What is the treatment for stroke?
- Is recovery after a stroke possible?
- What is stroke rehabilitation?
- What is the prognosis for a person that suffers a stroke?
- Which specialties of doctors treat stroke?
- Can strokes be prevented?