- How Smoking Affects Your Looks & Life Slideshow
- Tips to Quit Smoking Slideshow
- Take the Quiz on Smoking
- Patient Comments: Smokeless Tobacco - Experience
- Patient Comments: Smokeless Tobacco - Treatments
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- Chewing tobacco facts
- What is chewing tobacco?
- What are the health risks of chewing tobacco?
- Cancer risk and chewing tobacco
- Other health risks of chewing tobacco
- Is chewing tobacco safer than cigarette smoking?
- What is being done to reduce the use of chewing tobacco?
- What treatments are available to help people quit using chewing tobacco?
What treatments are available to help people quit using chewing tobacco?
Chewing tobacco is an addiction that can be overcome. As with cigarette smoking, various support systems, programs, and even prescription medications are available to help people quit using chewing tobacco. Examples of products available used to wean a person from nicotine addiction from chewing tobacco include:
American Cancer Society. Smokeless Tobacco.
American Cancer Society. Smokeless tobacco and how to quit.
Boffeta P, Hecht S, Gray N, Gupta P, Straif K. Smokeless tobacco and Cancer. Lancet Oncol 2008 Jul;9(7):667-75.
eMedicine.com. Smokeless tobacco lesions.
Gupta R, Gurm H, Bartholomew JR. Smokeless tobacco and cardiovascular risk. Arch Intern Med 2004 Sept;164(17):1845-9.
U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI). Smokeless tobacco and cancer, questions and answers.