Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) Index
SIBO (Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) is a condition in which invasive bacteria gather in the small intestine causing symptoms like gas, diarrhea, bloating, abdominal pain, abdominal cramping, and indigestion. Treatment for SIBO is generally antibiotics.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Colon
The part of the large intestine that serves to remove water from digested food and let the remaining material, solid waste called...learn more »
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 9 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- What is type 1 diabetes
- What is type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?
In This Article
Intestinal Gas (Belching, Bloating, Flatulence) Article
- Intestinal gas facts
- What causes belching or burping?
- What causes bloating?
- What causes flatulence (gas)?
- What are the causes of intermittent abdominal bloating/distention?
- Which specialties of doctors treat excessive gas, belching, bloating, and flatulence?
- How are the causes of belching, bloating/distention, and flatulence evaluated?
- What is the treatment for excessive intestinal gas caused by medical
- What natural or home remedies help soothe and get rid of intestinal gas?
- What over-the-counter (OTC) products are available to soothe and cure excessive gas?
- What foods cause intestinal gas?
- What's new in intestinal gas?
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....learn more »