Patient Comments: Sleepwalking - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your sleepwalking?

Comment from: peapod402001, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 23

My husband has been sleep-walking for at least 20 years. We hadn't realized that that was what it was until recently. He'll go to sleep, and within minutes he's up and heading to the bathroom. He smokes, yes, he has the patch, but rips it off during his sleep walking moments. He's fallen several times. It's difficult for me to know and help him each time, because I have had to sleep in another room. His snoring/apnea/restless legs, etc., keep me awake. He's tried sleeping pills, anti-depressants, and whatever else they use. Nothing has worked. He is unable to get a good night's sleep. When I am able to hear him wake up, (because the dogs wake me up), I go in and check on him and try to gently wake him or lead him back to the bed. Sometimes, I just stay in there with him, (if it's on a weekend, because I work 40 hours). I can tell when he's sleep walking/standing, because, he'll giggle at me when I talk to him. If he was awake, he'd be upset with himself.

Comment from: anita, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I was sleeping in my room, then I woke up and I felt my muscles tense. Then I blacked out and found myself a bit of distance away from my room when I woke up again; and I fainted 3 times.

Comment from: Sbryant, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

All I remember every night is, I don't know where I am or what's going on. Then I find myself in a panic in the house some were. This has been going on since I was 5. I am a twin, but my twin sister does not have this problem. I wish someone could help me with this, I'm tired of being tired.

Sleepwalking - Experiences Question: Please share your experiences of sleepwalking.
Sleepwalking - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of sleepwalking?
Sleepwalking - Causes Question: What caused your sleepwalking?