Patient Comments: Sleepwalking - Experiences

Please share your experiences of sleepwalking.

Comment from: Ms L, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I just started sleepwalking 2 months ago. I take Seroquel (200mg) at bedtime along with 30 mg of Restoril and 10mg of zolpidem. My first time was leaving my apartment and going up to neighbor's. She gave me coffee and walked me down to my apartment. Apparently I left again and went to another tenant's apartment and asked for money. I got out of bed another night and sat on my kitchen floor eating cereal, the bag turned upside down. I woke the next morning to find a bag of cereal on the floor. Another time when I woke up I found a toasted bagel sitting in the toaster. Another time I discovered in my sleep I made ham and eggs and ate it.

Comment from: Tina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been a documented sleep walker now for 8 years. I see a neurologist on a regular basis. I take 150mg of Elavil at night, and only sleepwalk now if I am under stress. I also have an eating disorder that occurs in my sleep. I have done housework in my sleep, got dressed, left my home and woken up somewhere else. I have had injuries as a result of sleep walking on more than one occasion. Police have brought me back to my home twice.

Comment from: chuckie, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 28

My son has PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and TBI (traumatic brain injury). He is a wounded Iraq veteran. He is sleep walking and when he does this he falls down and ends up hurting himself. Just the other day he fell down the basement steps and bruised himself up pretty badly; it really worries me.

Comment from: Stormy_Skies_36, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 01

Once a few years ago I woke up in my bedroom and I was at my bedroom door. The next time I woke up beside my bed. Also a few months ago when I went on a vacation with some of my family my cousin (Who I had to share a bed with) said I was awake and I was talking in my sleep.

Comment from: patient 907838, 7-12 Male (Patient) Published: September 16

I only know of the one time i sleepwalked, and it was 2:00 am when my mom got up I apparently got out of my bed and went to the couch to sleep, and she saw me do it. Here's my side of the story I went to sleep in my room, when i got up was in the living room. I was 12 years old (almost 13).

Comment from: Logan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

Hi yesterday I went to a neurologist for headaches etc. He prescribed Elavil for me. I remember taking the pill and that is about all. My daughter got up at 3:55 to feed her baby and she said my dog was on my bed barking and my jeep and I were gone. I woke up dressed in shorts and a t-shirt with my cell phone under my butt. I was in a daze all day long. She approached me this morning and asked where I had gone? I don't know. I am just glad i made it home. I do not ever remember being so groggy when waking up ever. Wow. I'm still groggy and it is 10.50 at night. I'm afraid to take another pill.

Sleepwalking - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your sleepwalking?
Sleepwalking - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of sleepwalking?
Sleepwalking - Causes Question: What caused your sleepwalking?