Patient Comments: Sleep Paralysis - Management

Discuss any tips or ways you've learned to manage sleep paralysis.

Comment from: Soumya, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I feel it almost daily. I am suffering from this since 10 years. First I got scared and met with some neurologist and they gave some medications. But it can't make me rid of this. Every time when it happens it seems deep and bigger than before. In the starting period I think that I am going to die so I scream for help. But I can't speak too and I could make only noise which is created by air flow by my mouth. How much ever I try to move myself it gets worse. When feeling it several times I tried to enjoy it. But sometimes I succeed and sometimes not. Whenever I can control it my imagination power seems true. Whatever I want to feel, see and think, it feels true. But mostly I can't control it. I am living single now so my girlfriend usually helps me on the phone. I use headphones and when I make noise, then she hangs up the phone and calls me again. The phone ringtone make me awake and helps me. I want to get rid of this!

Sleep Paralysis - Causes Question: Do you know what causes your sleep paralysis?
Sleep Paralysis - Signs Question: Please share your signs or symptoms of sleep paralysis.
Sleep Paralysis - Treatment Question: What treatments have been helpful for your sleep paralysis?