Patient Comments: Sleep Apnea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sleep apnea?

Comment from: fejarang, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I have sleep apnea and am on a CPAP. I do not like it. It has helped my apnea I don't fall asleep all the time and have much more energy. I would rather have surgery if it is available than where the CPAP the rest of m life. I will be talking to my doctor about this I am only 52.

Comment from: debby, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I suffer with sleep apnea badly and have done for years. I'm always on the look out for new products that may help. I've tried CPAP I think it can help a lot, but I started using Melatrol and it really works.

Comment from: Abby, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I was diagnosed several years ago with sleep apnea when my blood pressure acted up. I currently sleep in a recliner, with a CPAP and oral appliance. This has not been great but helps some. I have looked into surgical treatment.

Comment from: higalo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I just had an operation done to remove parts of my throat to relieve sleep apnea. In my opinion, it was a very painful recovery, but it is worth it in the long run.

Comment from: Tasha, Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I would wake up in the morning tired and listless, I knew I had to get out and exercise, I was just about falling asleep during meetings at work and my concentration levels were at an all time low. Due to the lack of exercise I started to gain weight and the problems just increased. My partner was complaining about the snoring and not wanting to put my relationship at risk contacted my GP. He diagnosed me with mild obstructive sleep apnea, but suggested I try a mandibular advancement device or dental appliance. There are quite a few that can be purchased online but I tried the SnoreMEDs snoring solution and it really worked for me so give it a try.

Comment from: John, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 06

I have severe sleep apnea, my oxygen levels go down to 60%. I use CPAP this has improved my quality of life considerably. I have more energy than I used to have. I feel refreshed after sleeping with CPAP. I used to feel lethargic at work now I am more energetic at work and my work performance has improved a hell of a lot. My work suffered because of my sleep apnea. I work on the Intensive Care Unit as a Clinical support Worker at my local University Hospital.

Comment from: harley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and was given a CPAP machine. I would pull the mask off during my sleep and I also did not like the contraption on my face. I have since lost 44lbs and still remain sleepy. My doctor says I have sleep apnea and I say I am sleepy due to medication. What should I do?

Sleep Apnea - Symptoms Question: What were your sleep apnea symptoms?
Sleep Apnea - Experience Question: Were you or your partner diagnosed with sleep apnea? Please share your experience.