Patient Comments: Sleep Apnea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sleep apnea?

Comment from: John, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 06

I have severe sleep apnea, my oxygen levels go down to 60%. I use CPAP this has improved my quality of life considerably. I have more energy than I used to have. I feel refreshed after sleeping with CPAP. I used to feel lethargic at work now I am more energetic at work and my work performance has improved a hell of a lot. My work suffered because of my sleep apnea. I work on the Intensive Care Unit as a Clinical support Worker at my local University Hospital.

Comment from: harley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and was given a CPAP machine. I would pull the mask off during my sleep and I also did not like the contraption on my face. I have since lost 44lbs and still remain sleepy. My doctor says I have sleep apnea and I say I am sleepy due to medication. What should I do?

Sleep Apnea - Symptoms Question: What were your sleep apnea symptoms?
Sleep Apnea - Experience Question: Were you or your partner diagnosed with sleep apnea? Please share your experience.