Patient Comments: Sleep - Deprivation Symptoms

Besides lack of sleep, what other symptoms have you experienced with sleep deprivation?

Comment from: EaglesRest38, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 09

I'm 75 and rarely in the past 65 years have I gotten full night's sleep; between pain and restless leg syndrome (which I don't have any more because I have a pain pump for low back pain that resolved it.). But, I still have 3 or 4 other low back and leg pain problems that still wakes me up night after night after night. All of the back pain problems are inoperable. Therefore, I am very irritable and do not have much energy or zest for living. Luckily, at 75, I don't have many more years to put up with it.

Comment from: sleep?huh?, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 09

I am a male aged 49. I am college educated and teach high school. I have been teaching for about 5 years have been having trouble sleeping for 22 years. I worked nights for many years and would sleep about 3 hours a day and get up and go again. Not being able to sleep fit my schedule so it was not an issue. Now that I teach it is a big issue. I'm not sleepy all day but anxious all the time and I'm not a harsh or strict teacher I'm really easy going so it is not affecting how I treat people. It seems I'm the only one suffering from this. Ambien didn't work, Lunesta seems to be helping and I take Xanax for anxiety. I have been taking it for years and it does not affect my sleep as my tolerance is so high. The doctor has me taking 100mg of Benadryl with the Lunesta which has helped. I would just like to sleep without reaching for a pill.

Comment from: Murphy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

For me I have fairly creative thoughts with sleep deprivation, but they"re very scattered. I also am more grumpy and irritable and I have more stern and grumpy thoughts berating me back and forth!

Comment from: picolo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

I feel lethargy, dehydration and dizziness.

Sleep - Problems Experienced Question: What sleep problems have you experienced?
Sleep - Treatment Question: Please discuss any treatments you have tried for your sleep problems.