Sleep apnea is a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. There are three types of sleep apnea. The most common is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). OSA is caused by the collapse of the airway during sleep. There are many complications related to OSA. Treatments are surgical and non-surgical.
Sleep Pictures Slideshow
Could a good night's sleep come down to your diet? Watch this slideshow to discover which foods hinder sleep and which foods promote restful slumber.
Take our Sleeping Quiz to learn which sleep disorders, causes, and symptoms rule the night. Trouble falling or staying asleep? Find out which medical treatments fight sleep deprivation, apnea, insomnia, and more!
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions