Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Comment from: Lynn023, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I had a horrid skin tag right below my underwear line. I tied it off with string and it started to hurt 2 days later. I tried to pull the string off but it wouldn't budge. I simply pulled on the skin tag and clipped it off with toe nail clippers; much easier and didn't hurt at all.

Comment from: Mic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have always had skin tags. When I was young I thought they looked like a mole water balloon so I called them water moles. I never worried unless color changed. I have had a few over years that got shaved off or otherwise removed by accident, but most haven"t been a problem. Recently I gained weight, and as other problems make exercise difficult, there is more weight gain. Recently I had got a skin tag pinched by my bra. It got itchy and irritated for a few weeks. About the time I wanted to go ask the doctor about it since it had turned black, my hubby looked at it and touched it, and it fell off. Guess it died when it got pinched by the bra and took a while to dry up enough. I haven"t had any problems from it.

Comment from: Kentoneon, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have had a few skin tags on my neck, and have always hated them! Last year, my husband burned some of the larger ones off with a sterile, heated needle. Just went straight through the skin and healed nicely. But a few returned close by. This year I have started using Olay Duo serum and it seems to be killing my skin tags! I applied the cream and discovered 3 of the tags had gone red and were a little sore when touched. Within two days they had fallen off! To test whether it was with the help of the face cream, I applied it to a small tag I had by my armpit - worked like a charm! Of course, I can"t guarantee it would work for others... certainly a bonus for me!

Comment from: tootsie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I"ve had skin tags for a number of years now, all sizes, one on eye lid, several under breast, under arms, several on my neck and a few in my groin area. Once they get bigger I usually tie them off with thread, works pretty good. Cutting them off makes them bleed too much. I always know where new ones are going to pop up because they start with a small red dot. They only bother me when a necklace or bra rubs on them.

Comment from: mdrag, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I have several small skin tags on my eyelids that are flesh colored and are driving me crazy. They are unsightly enough to bother me, however, the thing that is making me suffer is the fact that they itch and burn constantly. I'm wondering if it's from the Celexa that I am taking. I went off of this in the past and it eliminates the itching, however the skin tags are still there. I am looking for any type of salve out there that will alleviate the itching. I've tried just about everything and nothing works!

Comment from: slingmann, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had tags for years, most docs do not understand why I get them. I am too fat and diabetic so friction causes it in dark moist areas. Some dermatologists believe they are a type of wart. When I say I have a lot, I mean it. I have maybe 200 under each arm, hundreds in groin and some around neck and eyelids. I usually pinch them off with my fingernail unless they get large (raisin size). Then I cut them, freeze them or have large area of skin removed.

Comment from: billy, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 17

I had a skin tag on my private area that made me really insecure so I decided to remove it. I looked online for ideas to remove the skin tag and found two that I liked. There was the freezing one and the string one. I decided to freeze it but after a week of trying I decided to go with the tying method. It was great, after the second day it turned black and fell off.

Skin Tag - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Removal Question: What method did you or your doctor use for removal of your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Diagnosis Question: Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome?