Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Comment from: Solution, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I too had a skin tag grow on one side of my neck where I could see it. I hadn"t ever had one before but I"d seen them and knew the things were usually treated with a cotton loop with pain and blood. So after a think I remembered the wart kill solution (because I"ve got some of those too). So I tried it. And, hey magic, those things are so easy to treat with wart solution. They"re easier to remove than warts. I just paint the tag and let dry, it might give a tiny little sting for 10 minutes or so but that"s nothing like a hot needle or a botched cotton loop. Paint again in a few days and repeat until gone. No mess, no infection, no scar, no real pain. I make sure not to spill the solution. I"ve successfully treated a wart on an eyelid with wart solution. A few paints and then it fell off after a few weeks. One happy day the wart just wasn"t there. I was getting ugly with a wart on my eye and now I"m so pleased I"m just a little less ugly. I was real careful around the eyes. When using wart solution around eyes I always make sure I remember not to get wart treatment solution in eyes.

Comment from: NotADoctor, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I had a skin tag below my armpit. I originally tried to cut it off. It bled a lot and then grew right back. I tried that again a while later and got the same result. I lived with it for a few years and then I tried to tie a string around it but was not coordinated enough to do that by myself. This being a "stringy" skin tag, I merely twisted it at the skin level and put a piece of waterproof medical tape over it. I may not have twisted it quite enough because it took about a week and a half, but it turned black, fell off and has never returned. I have since done this with 2 others with the same success. Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. My results were favorable. Your results may vary. Attempt at your own risk. (... nor am I a lawyer.)

Comment from: Lynn023, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I had a horrid skin tag right below my underwear line. I tied it off with string and it started to hurt 2 days later. I tried to pull the string off but it wouldn't budge. I simply pulled on the skin tag and clipped it off with toe nail clippers; much easier and didn't hurt at all.

Comment from: Mic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have always had skin tags. When I was young I thought they looked like a mole water balloon so I called them water moles. I never worried unless color changed. I have had a few over years that got shaved off or otherwise removed by accident, but most haven"t been a problem. Recently I gained weight, and as other problems make exercise difficult, there is more weight gain. Recently I had got a skin tag pinched by my bra. It got itchy and irritated for a few weeks. About the time I wanted to go ask the doctor about it since it had turned black, my hubby looked at it and touched it, and it fell off. Guess it died when it got pinched by the bra and took a while to dry up enough. I haven"t had any problems from it.

Comment from: Kentoneon, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have had a few skin tags on my neck, and have always hated them! Last year, my husband burned some of the larger ones off with a sterile, heated needle. Just went straight through the skin and healed nicely. But a few returned close by. This year I have started using Olay Duo serum and it seems to be killing my skin tags! I applied the cream and discovered 3 of the tags had gone red and were a little sore when touched. Within two days they had fallen off! To test whether it was with the help of the face cream, I applied it to a small tag I had by my armpit - worked like a charm! Of course, I can"t guarantee it would work for others... certainly a bonus for me!

Comment from: Tony, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have been told that regularly applying nail varnish to the tag will cause it to drop off (eventually). I managed to achieve success with this method on my eye lid, but attempts to treat under arms was difficult and although I have tried a couple of times, my eye to hand co-ordination is not what it should be.

Comment from: vlkoop, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 19

My 3 year old grandson has had skin tags mainly on his face around his eyes. The doctor said not to worry, they will go away. They have not and I don"t want other children staring at him.

Skin Tag - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Removal Question: What method did you or your doctor use for removal of your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Diagnosis Question: Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome?