Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Comment from: Isaac, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 26

I have had a skin tag on my upper abdomen which gave me a lot of concern. My fear was that such skin tags might be some kind of growth that couldn't be treated without a specialist's help, until I came across this site. Initially, I opted for thread method as someone suggested. I tied it with a black thread and after two days, I discovered it was turning black but not as much I expected. Without much thinking I took a razor blade and cut it off. I cleaned the blood with spirit and cotton. Now I am free from it. No more growth.

Comment from: MKWoods, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I have had several skin tags. I had one I put a string around, and it hurt horribly. Then it grew back 3 times as big. I had to have it taken off by a dermatologist, it was so big. Now I use a 1/4 teaspoon of 'carrier oil' (almond, coconut, etc.) mixed with 5 drops of lemon oil. Within 3 days most of my tags fall off. Some take about 5 to 7 days. It is the least painless and most effective method I have used.

Comment from: ryanp., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I've had a skin tag on my anus for years. I've consulted doctors and they won't do anything to remove it since they say it isn't harmful. I've tried all the home remedies, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, stone root, Tag Away, etc., nothing works. I've gotten to the point where I just want to cut it off. But I'm scared about getting it infected and worried if there'll be a lot of bleeding.

Comment from: Mommy35, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

One day while applying my makeup, I noticed a skin tag high on my cheek bone (below my left eye). The very sight of it bothered me, so I disinfected a pair of nail clippers and wiped that area of my face clean. I proceeded to pull the skin tag as far away from my face as possible and clipped it off. It bled for a few seconds and the pain was extremely minimal. That was a few years ago and I haven't seen it since.

Comment from: Banana, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 26

I had several skin tags that I lived with for several years, until one day I decided to see a doctor who does minor surgery. He snipped most of them off with scissors to my surprise. There were two that were growing inward and he used a scalpel and a torch on them. I developed a few more skins a few years later and decided to cut them off with scissors myself as it was so simple. But I read up on it and decided to tie them off with dental floss. Very simple to do.

Comment from: chuks, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 06

I have a skin tag in my anus. It really pains when I pass motion.

Comment from: Basseteer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I swear these things are multiplying furiously since I turned 40. I am not obese, my BMI is 22! I have literally dozens of skin tags, and seborrheic keratosis too. I had better watch that skin. I am planning to eradicate the most visible (neck) tag as soon as possible.

Comment from: greengirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I have skin tags on my body. I feel bad every time I get more and more, and they are itchy and cannot help scratching myself; it is annoying.

Comment from: Zzz, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I just grip my skin tags and rip them. Minimal pain and blood loss. I used to have a lot with frequent new ones. Now I haven't had any for years.

Skin Tag - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Removal Question: What method did you or your doctor use for removal of your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Diagnosis Question: Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome?