Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Comment from: Kentoneon, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have had a few skin tags on my neck, and have always hated them! Last year, my husband burned some of the larger ones off with a sterile, heated needle. Just went straight through the skin and healed nicely. But a few returned close by. This year I have started using Olay Duo serum and it seems to be killing my skin tags! I applied the cream and discovered 3 of the tags had gone red and were a little sore when touched. Within two days they had fallen off! To test whether it was with the help of the face cream, I applied it to a small tag I had by my armpit - worked like a charm! Of course, I can"t guarantee it would work for others... certainly a bonus for me!

Comment from: tootsie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I"ve had skin tags for a number of years now, all sizes, one on eye lid, several under breast, under arms, several on my neck and a few in my groin area. Once they get bigger I usually tie them off with thread, works pretty good. Cutting them off makes them bleed too much. I always know where new ones are going to pop up because they start with a small red dot. They only bother me when a necklace or bra rubs on them.

Comment from: mdrag, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I have several small skin tags on my eyelids that are flesh colored and are driving me crazy. They are unsightly enough to bother me, however, the thing that is making me suffer is the fact that they itch and burn constantly. I'm wondering if it's from the Celexa that I am taking. I went off of this in the past and it eliminates the itching, however the skin tags are still there. I am looking for any type of salve out there that will alleviate the itching. I've tried just about everything and nothing works!

Comment from: slingmann, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had tags for years, most docs do not understand why I get them. I am too fat and diabetic so friction causes it in dark moist areas. Some dermatologists believe they are a type of wart. When I say I have a lot, I mean it. I have maybe 200 under each arm, hundreds in groin and some around neck and eyelids. I usually pinch them off with my fingernail unless they get large (raisin size). Then I cut them, freeze them or have large area of skin removed.

Comment from: Chip, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I have skin tags in my groin from biking. They rub my pants and are annoying like a small cut or blister. I need to remove them but because they are so small and in a difficult area to reach I may not be able to do it myself.

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I just clipped my skin tag with a nail-clipper and it was done in a jiffy!

Comment from: DjMiss, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I read these articles about skin tags. I tied my skin tag with cotton, then covered it in a small plaster. It has taken a week to turn black and hard, and drop off; hardly bled at all.

Comment from: Tony, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have been told that regularly applying nail varnish to the tag will cause it to drop off (eventually). I managed to achieve success with this method on my eye lid, but attempts to treat under arms was difficult and although I have tried a couple of times, my eye to hand co-ordination is not what it should be.

Comment from: billy, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 17

I had a skin tag on my private area that made me really insecure so I decided to remove it. I looked online for ideas to remove the skin tag and found two that I liked. There was the freezing one and the string one. I decided to freeze it but after a week of trying I decided to go with the tying method. It was great, after the second day it turned black and fell off.

Skin Tag - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Removal Question: What method did you or your doctor use for removal of your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Diagnosis Question: Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome?