Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Removal

What method did you or your doctor use for removal of your skin tags?

Comment from: Johnny boy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

I noticed a skin tag in my armpit area and I thought I could only remove it through a doctor but a friend told me there are a couple ways to remove it at home myself. I chose to cut it off with a pair of scissors. I put alcohol on the tag, pulled it and one snip with the scissors and it was done. I had no pain and not a lot of blood. It's been 15 minutes since I snipped it and the bleeding has stopped already.

Comment from: Acedia, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I had a skin tag on my neck that was starting to get irritated by my necklace. My dad told me once of an old treatment for skin tags, so I took one of my own hairs and made a little noose (my hair is fairly long so this was made easier) and just hooked it around the skin tag. I pulled until the tag just popped off. It took about a minute in all to do and ended with fairly little pain and some light bleeding. And it was free lol.

Comment from: cybercpa, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 16

My dermatologist used a double dose of freezing for a tag on my cheek, but apparently overdid it. My gum and cheek remained frozen for two weeks and still have not healed.

Comment from: Ami, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

My doctor cut off my skin tag with scissors. It stung a little, but not too bad. It was right underneath my eye.

Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with skin tags.
Skin Tag - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Diagnosis Question: Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome?