Patient Comments: Skin Tag - Symptoms

Question:Did you experience any symptoms with your skin tags?

Comment from: webhealer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I am wondering if anyone one has experienced active immune response towards a preexisting skin tag. I have a skin tag under my arm for years. It is the size of a mung bean, and I could never find the courage to cut it off, because it does hurt when I pull on it. I have been taking some anti-oxidant supplement for my arm pain for a month or so, and I unexpectedly found that inflammation developed around the skin tag and within a week, the skin tag withered and fell off. This is amazing because I take it as a sign that our immune system does have the ability to clear abnormal growths, as benign as the skin tag it. I am hopeful that the smaller skin tags around my eyelid will gradually disappear.

Comment from: pickles, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

Irritation and slight bleeding due to me picking at them.

Comment from: noujsreader, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

Groups of tiny skin tags on each side of my neck cause irritation and itching from the necklaces I wear.

Comment from: zuzu, Female (Patient) Published: November 19

My mom said to rub potato inside skin on the skin tag several times a day and it fell off on the second day.

Comment from: qcgirl78, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I have a bunch of skin tags at the base of my neck and one under my arm pit. Most of them cause irritation and pain in these areas because of tank tops, shaving, deodorant, and jewelry I wear.

Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with skin tags.
Skin Tag - Removal Question: What method did you or your doctor use for removal of your skin tags?
Skin Tag - Diagnosis Question: Did your skin tag turn purple or black? If so, what was the outcome?