Skin tag facts
- Skin tags are very common but harmless small, soft skin growths.
- Skin tags tend to occur on the eyelids, neck, armpits, groin folds, and under breasts.
- One person may have anywhere from one to over 100 skin tags.
- Almost everyone will develop a skin tag at some point in their life.
- Middle-aged, obese adults are most prone to skin tags.
- Obesity is associated with skin tags.
- Removing a skin tag does not cause more to grow.
- Some people are just more prone to forming skin tags.
- Treatments include freezing, tying off with a thread or suture, or cutting off the skin tag. Continue Reading
Reviewed on 1/28/2015
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!