Patient Comments: Skin Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your skin cancer?

Comment from: skin cancer, 45-54 (Patient) Published: November 04

I wish we could get young people to realize how dangerous all the sunbathing is, whether indoor or outdoor. I wish I had known the statistic for fair-skinned people when I was younger and lying in a tanning bed. I try to talk to people about the dangers, but much like I was, they are more interested in their appearance for now than what is a possibility for their future.

Comment from: hazel, (Patient) Published: November 04

I was diagnosed two years ago with melanoma beside my ear. I had surgery to remove it.

Comment from: snowdinmn, (Patient) Published: November 04

I have a scar on my right cheek from a large mole removed when I was three years old. It was itchy and the bumpy red part bled when scratched. Turns out it was Basal Cell Carcinoma.

Skin Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with skin cancer.
Skin Cancer - Diagnosis Question: How was your skin cancer diagnosed?
Skin Cancer - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have been effective for your skin cancer?