Patient Comments: Sjogren's Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with sjogren's syndrome.

Comment from: aw042634, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 13

My eye doctor does serum eye drops for me. They are very helpful for the dry eyes from Sjogren's syndrome.

Comment from: Sobeya F, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome since about 7 months. But, I have had this for some time I know. I get severe itching all over my body especially my arms. This itch is spreading all over my body.

Comment from: af36, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome and on Plaquenil for about 6 weeks. I have developed anxiety attacks and need to know what is a good medication with mild side effects to treat the anxiety that will not cause worsen my condition (cause dry mouth). I am currently on Xanax and don't want to keep taking it.

Comment from: anu, Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

Five years ago I found myself facing this Sjogren's disease. It was very difficult, if I didn"t have the will power to live I could not have been cured so today I'm sensitive to other people with this problem.

Comment from: Lyla, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I wonder if anyone has had problem with their hearing that may be caused by Sjogren's syndrome. I lost most of my hearing and with no hope for a remedy. It has changed my life to such a degree I hardly have any social life at all and I can"t handle any business I have over the phone.

Comment from: SS Info, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I was originally diagnosed with primary Sjogren"s syndrome by a rheumatologist but went on to get another 2 autoimmune diseases. I presume this means I now have secondary Sjogren"s.

Comment from: Dale, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 09

I have advanced metastasized prostate cancer, which has gone outside the prostate, I also have CIDP (chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy) and Sjogren's, and I am in pain all day and night long, my feet and legs feel like they are on fire, I am wondering if the prostate cancer has spread into the lymph nodes since they are outside the prostate.

Comment from: Charlie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's 13 years ago after having strange symptoms. I had swollen eye lids, joint pain in one wrist and a rash on my back. At first just managed dry eyes. a

Comment from: Pinky, 55-64 (Patient) Published: August 08

I too was diagnosed with Sjögren's after 25 years being told that I had fibromyalgia, which I do not have. So many Doctors so many medical bills and so much pain. I was wondering if anybody has ear tube problems with Sjögren's. I had my ear drained and now 30 days later the pressure came back I do not have any ear pain cold sinus infection or anything that could cause this problem. I was wondering if Sjögren's has anything to do with this I do have a dry nose but not bad slightly dry. My Doctor tells me that my Sjögren's got nothing to do with my ear problem but I read articles that Sjögren's can affect your ear/ears. The ENT Doctor wants to put a tube in my ear. I need to find an ENT Doctor that is familiar with Sjögren's.

Sjogren's Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with Sjogren's syndrome?
Sjogren's Syndrome - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your Sjogren's syndrome?
Sjogren's Syndrome - Treatment and Diet Question: What treatment has been effective for your Sjogren's syndrome? Have you made any dietary changes, and have they been effective in managing your Sjogren's syndrome?