Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?

Comment from: Damsellee910, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

Nasal irrigation saved me form the worst pain I have ever had from sinus infection! I just used warm salt water and within 15 minutes had relief that prescription painkillers couldn't do. I used a squirt bottle sold just for that reason.

Comment from: soozey1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I have found my sinus infections are closely related to dairy and sugar consumption. I have found when I cease to have these all my sinus infection also clears.

Comment from: cloud, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

Try stopping all dairy products for one year! This changed my life and got rid of my sinus infection.

Comment from: James, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

Bringing body acidity down and making it more alkaline, makes the body a less hospitable place for bacterial infections and helps with sinus infection. Other things that help are avoiding dairy products and sugar, eating greens, vegetables, or sweet potato yams and drinking lemon and apple cider vinegar with water. Hot towel on face and breathing in warm steam are nice. You can try echinacea extract.

Comment from: Don, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 13

Saline irrigation has been effective for sinus infection; warm salt water introduced nasally with head back. Repeat several times over sink. It's the best thing I've found.

Comment from: Lynn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I have had two rounds of steroids, nose sprays, and antibiotics for my sinus infection since Thanksgiving to present, with no relief. Now it is affecting my sleep and rest. I don't know what else to do, I am miserable.

Comment from: Hotmocha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I have been having sinus infections for over 20 years. I have undergone 4 surgeries and I still am having the same problems. I feel that this is an area that cannot be corrected with surgery. I have been treated by two different physicians. The first surgery was to put two holes in my sinuses to allow them to drain and then I developed scar tissue. The scar tissue was removed and a stent was put in to prevent further scarring. I then had to have the stent removed. It is three years later and I am back in the same position. I had to undergo another surgery because my MRI appeared to look the same as before as if I had never had any surgery. Today, I am experiencing the same problems, sinusitis and nosebleeds constantly. I am done with sinus surgeries. I will just have to live with it.

Comment from: G MA, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I have had sinus infections since age of 3. I had a baby hot water bottle for my face. It is harder to get needed antibiotics other than Lortab. I sleep on three pillows and use a hot rag, with a heating pad on top and hope for a kidney infection because the same antibiotic sulfur drug works on both.

Sinus Infection - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms for sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?