Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?

Published: June 05

I have been diagnosed as having chronic sinus infection. Treated with Augmentin for 14 days and Nasonex. I live in Jakarta and went to Bangkok for treatment. I am better now but still have runny nose and a little cough in the morning. I want to avoid surgery. I have no pain now and had none earlier.

Comment from: CaliforniaGirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

My mom's been suffering with sinusitis for years and years, and does use the Neti pot regularly, which helps a lot. She's also had extremely good luck with a product called Sino Fresh, which contains a natural antiseptic. It's available in many grocery stores, health food stores, or on-line. It's a nice alternative to prescribed antibiotics, and has often provided relief for her when prescriptions were not helping. I've used it with success too, when I get sinusitis occasionally.

Comment from: itsjenjen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I have periodic bouts of sinusitis, primarily due to seasonal allergies. I have found that saline flushes from a neti pot or Simply Saline along with warm salt water gargles give me the most relief. The great thing about the saline is that you can use it as often as needed.

Comment from: vickyd, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 04

My husband has sinus problems due to Wegeners. He gets a lot of drainage that makes him sick to his stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be good for him to take? He is a TP patient as well and on immuno drugs. He can't seem to find a med that gives him some relief.

Published: July 31

My symptoms are greatly reduced by strong oral antibiotics. My problem, being in a HMO, is finding a doctor that will prescribe something stronger than Benadryl. Usually after 4-6 days of treatment, the infection goes away.

Comment from: laluna404, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

Advil Cold and Sinus has been very effective for clearing up my sinus pain, it takes anywhere from 2 to 5 days to get back to normal.

Sinus Infection - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms for sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?