Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Symptoms

What were your symptoms for sinus infection?

Comment from: R. Paul, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I am 81 years old, have been very active sport wise. I never smoked. I never had a back problem until now. My sciatica is causing all sorts of problems. I have been going to a chiropractor for three weeks now. I have been using ice packs. My doctor prescribed gabapentin 300 mg, I see where others are taken up to 3,000 mg. I will increase the dosage and see if that helps. I have a hard time getting out of bed, once I am up I sit in a straight back chair for 10 to 15 minutes and then I can walk with the use of a cane. Pain medications help once I am up and about. I will try coffee tonight.

Comment from: bearylynn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

The symptoms of my sinus infection are general fatigue, brain fog, blurry vision, and painful upper teeth.

Comment from: smeggy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I had a DTAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) shot last Friday. It was totally fine at first, but 5 days later (yesterday) the soreness started. Also there was a bit of swelling where the shot was given, with a few small red blotches under it. Today it is even more swollen and there are more blotches traveling farther down my arm. The pain level is about the same but it seems like it is in my shoulder now too. The pain seems worse when I raise my arm up. It's also getting a bit itchy where the red splotches are and my whole upper arm feels hot to the touch. I tried icing it but that makes it itch more and start to prickle. So I am just leaving it alone and hoping it doesn't get worse.

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I had sever coughing that was it. After 3 months I did a CT and I have a severe sinus infection.

Comment from: Chris31UK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I'm a 31 year old male, previously a smoker before my first pneumothorax. The first time my bottom right lung collapsed and I thought it was angina or heart attack. I was rushed to hospital and they stuck a syringe in and then re-inflated the collapsed part. The following day I was just finishing smoking and I could feel a pain when I breathed in and out and felt my lung capacity drop to 50 percent. I was rushed to hospital again and had a drain. After being on and off suction 3 times they operated and used talc to stick my lung to the wall. My lung is still only 93 percent inflated and I have been in hospital 4 weeks so far. (I am still here!) I'm on flutter bag for the 3rd time now and as long as my lung does not deflate even more in the next 48 hours at least I can go home. I have never known pain like this and would never wish it on anyone. It is actually really scary because most people have recovered in at least half the time I have been here so who knows how long this will last and what the end result will be. My last words; live your life and regret nothing. Spend as much time with your family as possible. One day it will be too late.

Comment from: roy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

I have now reached 18 months of earache, upper tooth ache, and sore throat, and my nose feels as if it has been punched. Also my mouth hurts. I have had 14 visits to my doctor and 2 visits to my local hospital. A scan in December 2013 revealed an infection in my sinuses. I think I have tried every tablet spray and DHS (Department of Human Services) treatment listed. To ease my throat I use mouthwash and retire to bed early. I do not know which way to go now.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?