Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Symptoms

What were your symptoms for sinus infection?

Comment from: roy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

I have now reached 18 months of earache, upper tooth ache, and sore throat, and my nose feels as if it has been punched. Also my mouth hurts. I have had 14 visits to my doctor and 2 visits to my local hospital. A scan in December 2013 revealed an infection in my sinuses. I think I have tried every tablet spray and DHS (Department of Human Services) treatment listed. To ease my throat I use mouthwash and retire to bed early. I do not know which way to go now.

Comment from: Doreen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I went to my doctor over 3 months ago because of terrible pressure in my head and ears. It was diagnosed as acute sinusitis and I needed my ears syringed. I was given an antibiotic and nasal spray, advised to use olive oil in my ears to soften the wax for syringing. The discharges from nose, green, yellow and blood have pretty well cleared up finally. However, I still have extreme pressure in my head and ears and high pitched noise in my ears and I am coughing all the time. I have trouble with vertigo, have had two trips to the emergency room, 2nd was by ambulance. Each time the pressure and pain in my head and ears are terrible, I have no balance, bad shaking, vomiting and my blood pressure spikes up to 202/92. The 1st time in Emergency the doctor said not to take any more antibiotics and put me on the saline wash and the nasal spray. The last 2 weeks I have noticed pain in my eyes and my eyesight is affected. I am at my wit's end, I can't handle this much longer. I have no energy and just feel like sleeping most of the time. My family doctor did make an appointment for me to see an eye, nose and throat specialist; I just found out today that the wait is 12 months.

Comment from: emmie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I am suffering from chronic sinusitis for a long time now and it has affected my eyes. They are burning the whole day and I am photo phobic as well. I have tried a lot of stuff and am using eye drops on a regular base. At this stage I started to use cayenne pepper, the pure one, a pinch every morning mixed with honey and it seems as if it is started working just after 3 days use.

Comment from: Chrissy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I developed sinus infection due to 2 teeth requiring root canal treatment. I didn"t realize I had sinus, although I was a little congested. The dentist took x-rays and said I had an infection in the upper jaw from the 2 teeth, and this had caused the sinus. I feel much better now. Sinus has cleared to a large degree. Headaches have disappeared significantly as well.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

My ENT treated me for about 2 years, did all the testing, said I had sinus disease. She wanted me to have the sinus operation everyone dreads due to a deviated septum. I declined. Years ago I had a crown on one of my teeth. From that day I had allot of pain, the dentist saying it would go away. It got worse, after about 2 years, had severe pain on right side of face, went to MD, Neurologist, and dentist. MD thought it was Trigeminal Neuralgia. Not so, had another dentist in the same office as first dentist, do a root canal on same tooth, never had any more trouble with pain but still have sinusitis.

Comment from: Joy, Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have a bad taste in my mouth because of sinus infection.

Comment from: Pali, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I have Jaw pain which increases and decreases time to time. I took antibiotic medicine, Nasal sprays, and anti-allergy tablets. Pain gone away for few days and came back. Also I feel little pain on my chest muscle, right side of breast nipple and little above the heart. Mainly while turning my neck, pain increases. Please give some medical advice about my jaw pain. Thanks.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?