Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Symptoms

What were your symptoms for sinus infection?

Comment from: Wendy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I had extreme pain on the one side of my face which went down into my teeth and jaws and ear. Clear nose which gets painful especially in the cold weather. I have had sinus infections for many years and have suffered in silence. The last time, the pain was unbearable and I had to get an antibiotic to clear the obvious infection.

Comment from: Josephine, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I tried everything: antibiotics, nasal irrigation, you name it, I tried it. The only thing that got rid of my chronic sinus infections was a natural nose spray called Sinus Soothe. Apparently it contains natural antibiotics and natural antifungals. It helped relieve my sinus pain, headaches and nasal congestion.

Comment from: sandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have extreme pain, in my right ear, jaw pain, face. My face is swollen, right eye feels swollen to the point where is wants to pop out of my face. I'm on pain killers which make my sick and I'm also on antibiotics have been for 3 weeks. Had this problem for years. Been through 3 doctors.

Comment from: Allie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I have severe face pain and have been on amoxicillin. This med has helped reduce the infection to the point of one side of my face hurting instead of both sides. However, I have now developed a cloudy eye on the side of my face that no longer hurts.

Comment from: GradStudent68, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

My sinus infection symptoms follow my allergies flaring up. I have pain and swelling in my sinuses, but usually the discharge is clear. On rare occasions, the discharge is yellow. My ear is usually affected.

Comment from: Mom, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 20

My son has had a headache for 10 days and been on antibiotic for 3 days and still is no better. Should I be taking him in for more testing they said it is a sinus infection. He is very tired and weak. He in unable to take a shower without having to sit down.

Comment from: Gamanuel, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

Since I was born, I had major problems with my sinuses. Now that I'm 21, there's some type of soft tissue that's growing inside my left nostril, and it's scary, cause sometimes I cut some of it...

Comment from: whiskeygirl, Male (Patient) Published: January 31

Felt tired for several months, mucus draining going down my throat and a couple times a month coughing up a lot of mucus. Very sensitive to cold air. I thought it was just a bad cold. I think it started with an infected tooth. My dentist took an x-ray and said it had gone up into my sinus.

Comment from: JMcC, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I had pain around the nose and a bad sore throat. Then a puffy large area of redness and lumps on the skin of one half of my face, very sore on that part of the face and hot to the touch. Mild headache, lethargy.

Comment from: Lungile, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

Sneezing a lot especially at night, Itching and swollen eyes. Ears were burning.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?