Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Symptoms

What were your symptoms for sinus infection?

Comment from: Karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I went through years of chronic sinus infections, until it got to a point that I "could" diagnose them before all the symptoms set in. I even had two sinus surgeries, both of which helped, but did not resolve the issue. I noticed that my symptoms sometimes corresponded to changes in barometric pressure. I thought that if it were that predictable, it should be more easily treatable. I started researching. Do you know what I found? Some migraines can feel like a sinus infection. I was having migraines in addition to sinus infections, without knowing it. Now I know the difference, but I wonder if a second surgery was really necessary.

Comment from: Sinupretsa, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 05

That would be the headaches, sinus pressure, nasal congestion and at times a bit of dizziness.

Comment from: Raymonda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 15

My sinus symtoms are bleeding nose, blocked nose, exhausions, shortness of breath,sneezing, headache and sore throat. My doc. prescribe amoxcylin and menthol crystals to inhale in hot water. I have been taking loratadine every night but apparently they are not preventing the sinus infection.

Comment from: Dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

My sinusitis symptoms are: runny nose, exhaustion, shortness of breath, sneezing, bad cough, headache, low grade fever, and sore throat. My doc prescribed a 5 day Azithromycin 250 mg dose pack. I took 2 tabs the 1st day, and then I take 1 tab daily for 4 days. I take an OTC allergy medicine daily, but apparently it wasn't enough to prevent this sinus infection.

Comment from: sparky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I have severe sinus trouble due to a tumor that is near my sinus cavity. I have been blowing out chunks of dry blood & other discolored yuck for over 6 months now, and I cannot take this any more. i blow my nose at least 20 times a day & have headaches constantly. what can i do?

Comment from: LadySusan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

The symptoms of my sinus infection are a very sore throat in the back of my throat and tonsils. My ears hurt, I have a runny nose, yellow discharge, headache, pressure behind my eyes and cheeks, and watery eyes. I am also very tired. I have had this for more than one month. I went to the doctor and she said to use Claritin D, a nose spray, Mucinex, and Tylenol for pain. She said it was viral and antibiotics would not help. A month is a long time to not feel good and try to function and work.

Comment from: Wendy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I had extreme pain on the one side of my face which went down into my teeth and jaws and ear. Clear nose which gets painful especially in the cold weather. I have had sinus infections for many years and have suffered in silence. The last time, the pain was unbearable and I had to get an antibiotic to clear the obvious infection.

Comment from: Josephine, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I tried everything: antibiotics, nasal irrigation, you name it, I tried it. The only thing that got rid of my chronic sinus infections was a natural nose spray called Sinus Soothe. Apparently it contains natural antibiotics and natural antifungals. It helped relieve my sinus pain, headaches and nasal congestion.

Comment from: sandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have extreme pain, in my right ear, jaw pain, face. My face is swollen, right eye feels swollen to the point where is wants to pop out of my face. I'm on pain killers which make my sick and I'm also on antibiotics have been for 3 weeks. Had this problem for years. Been through 3 doctors.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?