Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Symptoms

What were your symptoms for sinus infection?

Comment from: maryellengreen712yah, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 05

Two weeks ago, I had upper teeth extracted. I wasn't sick until about a week later, when I got upper respiratory problems. My nose, throat, and sinuses have been bad. I have not been able to wear my dentures. My gums still look inflamed and I am on a second course of antibiotics.

Comment from: kays, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I suffer from sinus infections. It was discoverd when I went to clinic for a constant headache on the side, it was treated, but now after a year its back and now my ears are muffled like water has blocked them, could this be sinus problem as well?

Comment from: Karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I went through years of chronic sinus infections, until it got to a point that I "could" diagnose them before all the symptoms set in. I even had two sinus surgeries, both of which helped, but did not resolve the issue. I noticed that my symptoms sometimes corresponded to changes in barometric pressure. I thought that if it were that predictable, it should be more easily treatable. I started researching. Do you know what I found? Some migraines can feel like a sinus infection. I was having migraines in addition to sinus infections, without knowing it. Now I know the difference, but I wonder if a second surgery was really necessary.

Comment from: Sinupretsa, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 05

That would be the headaches, sinus pressure, nasal congestion and at times a bit of dizziness.

Comment from: Raymonda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 15

My sinus symtoms are bleeding nose, blocked nose, exhausions, shortness of breath,sneezing, headache and sore throat. My doc. prescribe amoxcylin and menthol crystals to inhale in hot water. I have been taking loratadine every night but apparently they are not preventing the sinus infection.

Comment from: Dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

My sinusitis symptoms are: runny nose, exhaustion, shortness of breath, sneezing, bad cough, headache, low grade fever, and sore throat. My doc prescribed a 5 day Azithromycin 250 mg dose pack. I took 2 tabs the 1st day, and then I take 1 tab daily for 4 days. I take an OTC allergy medicine daily, but apparently it wasn't enough to prevent this sinus infection.

Comment from: sparky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I have severe sinus trouble due to a tumor that is near my sinus cavity. I have been blowing out chunks of dry blood & other discolored yuck for over 6 months now, and I cannot take this any more. i blow my nose at least 20 times a day & have headaches constantly. what can i do?

Comment from: LadySusan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

The symptoms of my sinus infection are a very sore throat in the back of my throat and tonsils. My ears hurt, I have a runny nose, yellow discharge, headache, pressure behind my eyes and cheeks, and watery eyes. I am also very tired. I have had this for more than one month. I went to the doctor and she said to use Claritin D, a nose spray, Mucinex, and Tylenol for pain. She said it was viral and antibiotics would not help. A month is a long time to not feel good and try to function and work.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?