Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Symptoms

What were your symptoms for sinus infection?

Comment from: Joy, Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have a bad taste in my mouth because of sinus infection.

Comment from: Chrissy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I developed sinus infection due to 2 teeth requiring root canal treatment. I didn"t realize I had sinus, although I was a little congested. The dentist took x-rays and said I had an infection in the upper jaw from the 2 teeth, and this had caused the sinus. I feel much better now. Sinus has cleared to a large degree. Headaches have disappeared significantly as well.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

My ENT treated me for about 2 years, did all the testing, said I had sinus disease. She wanted me to have the sinus operation everyone dreads due to a deviated septum. I declined. Years ago I had a crown on one of my teeth. From that day I had allot of pain, the dentist saying it would go away. It got worse, after about 2 years, had severe pain on right side of face, went to MD, Neurologist, and dentist. MD thought it was Trigeminal Neuralgia. Not so, had another dentist in the same office as first dentist, do a root canal on same tooth, never had any more trouble with pain but still have sinusitis.

Comment from: Pali, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I have Jaw pain which increases and decreases time to time. I took antibiotic medicine, Nasal sprays, and anti-allergy tablets. Pain gone away for few days and came back. Also I feel little pain on my chest muscle, right side of breast nipple and little above the heart. Mainly while turning my neck, pain increases. Please give some medical advice about my jaw pain. Thanks.

Comment from: Brian, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 08

I had blocked Eustachian tubes for 9 months caused by viral infection leading to sinusitis and anxiety.

Comment from: tcm, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

Eyes, head, teeth, jaw aching. My eyes are very sensitive to light. 101.5 temperature. I am on Amoxicillin right now.

Comment from: jb, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

Can two bad molar teeth cause a sinus infection? I blew my nose and thick yellow mucus that had a terrible odor came out. Now that odor stays in my nose when I blow it. This has never happened before. It's all on the upper left side.

Comment from: maryellengreen712yah, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 05

Two weeks ago, I had upper teeth extracted. I wasn't sick until about a week later, when I got upper respiratory problems. My nose, throat, and sinuses have been bad. I have not been able to wear my dentures. My gums still look inflamed and I am on a second course of antibiotics.

Comment from: kays, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I suffer from sinus infections. It was discoverd when I went to clinic for a constant headache on the side, it was treated, but now after a year its back and now my ears are muffled like water has blocked them, could this be sinus problem as well?

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?