Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Causes

Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?

Comment from: harry1, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have had problems with sinuses since using e-cigarettes 12 months ago. I think I am allergic to propylene.

Comment from: May, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

After dental treatment with implants I developed a sinus infection and still have a horrible taste in my mouth when I wake up in morning.

Comment from: InPain, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

A dog bit my face, puncturing the bridge of my nose. I have a sinus infection as a result because bacteria invaded; I also had a skin rash as a result. It's the worst injury ever since I may also have nerve damage and pain in the area where the canine caused a deep puncture wound. I am miserable.

Comment from: Hattchu!, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

A bit of Vicks VapoRub in (a cup or bowl of) hot water, with a towel over the head like a tent, and breathe through nose.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms for sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Complications Question: Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.