Patient Comments: Sinus Infection - Complications

Did you suffer complications of a sinus infection? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Eddy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I have acute sinusitis only during the winter. As soon as the temperature goes down, my sinus gets blocked. I also have allergies to dust mites, pollen, cigarette and other odors. My home has to be very clean throughout the year. During the summer times, I do not suffer from colds or flu and I can do sports but during the winter I suffer really badly. I go from 4 to 6 months suffering with acute sinus. I have taken antibiotics and all that. I have tried everything you imagine (i.e. nasal wash 2 to 4 x daily; steam inhalers; put my pillows up; dehumidifier; air purifiers; etc.) It is impacting on my mental health now and it is affecting other areas of my life. I do not know what to do any more.

Comment from: saloni, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have a severe left side headache and ache in my eyes and ears. A slight strain triggers it.

Comment from: MH, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I have suffered from a sinusitis infection. My symptoms were severe. I had 100% vertigo. I was prescribed "Cipro" anti-biotic. It took 10 days to clear up. The rooms was spinning so all I could do was lie down and sleep. Every time I opened my eyes the room was spinning. Worse illness that I have ever had. It was scary!!

Comment from: Ronnie, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

First my eyeball and the area around my eye started to feel sore. I took a short trip, and the pollen was heavy down there. I was only in Virginia for two days, but all of sudden it felt like I had a toothache. Next came the headache. Then it got worse, and the whole left side of my face was killing me. I didn't know what it was until a friend told me it might be a sinus infection because it happen to him before.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms for sinus infection?
Sinus Infection - Home Remedies Question: Please share home remedies for treating a sinus infection.
Sinus Infection - Causes Question: Are you prone to sinus infections? If so, what do you believe is the cause(s)?