Patient Comments: Sinus Surgery - Recovery

Question:How long was the recovery period of your sinus surgery?

Comment from: Marie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I had sinus surgery 4 days ago and other than feeling dizzy and having dull head pain I can breathe through my nose for the first time in two years. Each day the dizziness is wearing off and the head pain is slowly easing off too. Hopefully in a few days I will be feeling back to my normal self and then I can say the surgery was worth it.

Comment from: Katie C., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

My initial recovery took about a week but went back to work too soon and suffered a set back. Plan to take a week (5 days) off of work and just relax. I started suffering migraines (never had them before) about 3-4 weeks after surgery and it is ongoing and random. It has been 4 months - I don't think I would have done the surgery (for dev. septum and sinus drainage issues) had a i known the possibility of migraines. I'm pretty miserable. My surgeon has tried a few different meds. Some have had no effect others worked to some degree but not 100% and then eventually didn't work at all (imitex, aleve, etc.). Good luck!

Comment from: Peace, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

It's been one day and a half the bleeding slowed down. I feel good. I have always been active. Being inactive for a week is going to kill me. I've been having slight headaches, but I use ice packs for those and I'm generally fine.

Comment from: Jojo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I had my sinus surgery last week and everything went will. I can breathe now and have no problem with blockage of my sinuses. Thanks to my surgeon – he is the best that I have.

Published: April 22

Three weeks ago I had sinus surgery. Recovery has been terrible. I now have lost about 80 percent of my hearing in my right ear, and about 20 percent in my left ear. I am taking ear drops and antibiotics. I regret not going to a large hospital to have this done, as I have lost my trust in the ENT surgeon I was referred to. I have had to call a few times to get more medication, as my condition was getting worse. Apparently, I had one of the worst sinus infections the surgeon had ever seen. But still – losing my hearing? I am now debating about quitting him and going to another hospital. If I lose my hearing, my next step is an appointment with a lawyer.

Comment from: let'splayhockey, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

It will be a week since surgery tomorrow and the bleeding has subsided but congestion and facial pressure is still a concern. Very lightly blowing my nose produces a lot of blood, my ears keep popping as well.

Comment from: mark e, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 07

I had my surgery 6 days ago. There's no more seeping and i actually feel nearly back to normal.

Comment from: hope this helps, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

Generally the recovery time for outpatient surgery is 6 to 8 weeks. It also depends on the procedure you are having done. Sinus surgery can mean any number of things like frontal sinusectomy or anterior ethmoidectomy.

Sinus Surgery - Experience Question: Share your experience with sinus surgery.