Patient Comments: Sinus Surgery - Experience

Question:Share your experience with sinus surgery.

Comment from: Dianej, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I had 6 different things done, so my surgery was more extensive than some. The splints and packing was horrible. I was having trouble breathing out of my mouth. The breathing tube pain was also very bad, but I'm so stuffy. It's my third day out, and I'm miserable. I can't breathe at all through my nose even though I have done the saline rinse. My nose is so sore as well I can hardly wash my face. Ice feels good on face.

Comment from: bill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 04

It's been 4 weeks since I had surgery. I had splints put in for recovery for 1 week, after that I could breathe great through my nose but still have loss of smell and taste and talk nasally. They tell you not to blow but it's hard, saline rinse works to correct healing from this. I go back again in a few days to discuss these issues, I'm not even sure if I have a sinus infection or not I've been taking Sudafed on and off to keep things feeling right.

Comment from: muneersm, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 11

Following sinus drain my doctor did another procedure called cryo surgery to correct my septal deviation. After that I started loosing my sense of smell. For the past 12 years I have been suffering a lot due to this 70% loss of smell.

Sinus Surgery - Recovery Question: How long was the recovery period of your sinus surgery?