- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Boost Digestive Health
- Digestive Distress Slideshow: Problem Foods to Avoid
- What is simethicone, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- Is simethicone available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for simethicone?
- What are the uses for simethicone?
- What are the side effects of simethicone?
- What is the dosage for simethicone?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with simethicone?
- Is simethicone safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about simethicone?
What is the dosage for simethicone?
The recommended dose for relieving gas is 40-125 mg 4 times daily after meals and at bedtime. The drops can be mixed with water, infant formula or other liquids for use in small children.
Which drugs or supplements interact with simethicone?
: There are no known drug interactions with simethicone.
Quick GuideDigestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.