silver sulfadiazine - topical, Silvadene (cont.)
OVERDOSE: This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US National Poison Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.
NOTES: Do not share this medication with others.Laboratory and/or medical tests (such as white blood cell count, kidney function tests, blood tests) should be performed periodically to check for side effects. Consult your doctor for more details.Keep all regular medical and laboratory appointments.
STORAGE: Store the US product at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom.Store the Canadian product between 46-77 degrees F (8-25 degrees C) away from light and moisture. To ensure that the medication is sterile, the Canadian 250- and 500-gram jars should be discarded 24 hours after opening. The Canadian tubes should be discarded 7 days after opening. Do not store in the bathroom.Keep all medicines away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Last Editorial Review: 8/24/2012
Back to Medications Index
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!