- What brand names are available for silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- Is silver sulfadiazine-topical available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- What are the uses for silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- What are the side effects of silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- What is the dosage for silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- Is silver sulfadiazine-topical safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about silver sulfadiazine-topical?
What is the dosage for silver sulfadiazine-topical?
For adults, adolescents, children, and infants 2 months of age and older:
- After cleaning and debridement, silver sulfadiazine may be applied to the affected area(s) to a thickness of approximately 1.6 mm (1/16 of an inch) once or twice daily.
- The cream may be reapplied whenever necessary to affected area(s) if it is removed by activity or washing.
- Silver sulfadiazine is not recommended for use in premature neonates or neonates < 2 months of age.
Which drugs or supplements interact with silver sulfadiazine-topical?
- Silver sulfadiazine reduces the effect of collagenase (Santyl) ointment which is used for treating dermal ulcers.
- No significant drug interactions with oral medications have been reported with silver sulfadiazine use.
Quick GuideRingworm: Treatment, Pictures, Causes, and Symptoms
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.