Patient Comments: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - Support and Coping

If your family experienced a loss due to SIDS, how were you able to cope?

Comment from: tina, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 05

I lost my precious daughter to SIDS 19 years ago. I was 24 when she passed on. I am now 43, and time really does heal wounds and the pain. I was able to cope due to my faith, believing in afterlife, and believing there is a reason things happen that we sometimes just don't understand but maybe we will one day. My family and friends also got me through. Her name was Monica, and she was named after my mother.

Comment from: AmandaFrost, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

On Jan. 13th 2014 the 2 month old daughter of a friend of mine passed away from SIDS. I have been friends with this girl for years. When I heard the news I was heartbroken. So, I have been using my voice for her to help spread the awareness of SIDS and letting her know that I am here for her.

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent SIDS? What has your infant's pediatrician suggested?
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Did you lose an infant due to SIDS? Please share your experience, including the diagnosis.