Sickle Cell Center - St. Petersburg, FL
- WebMD Physician Directory of St. Petersburg Hematologist Doctors
- The City of St. Petersburg
- Related Sickle Cell Articles
- St. Petersburg Emergency Contacts
- Nearby St. Petersburg Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg Hematologist Doctors for Sickle Cell
Type of Physician: Hematologist
What is a Hematologist? A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal Medicine or Pathology; Hematologists treat diseases of the blood, spleen, and lymph glands such as anemia, clotting disorders, sickle cell disease, hemophilia, leukemia, and lymphoma. They perform special types of transfusions and biopsy the bone marrow for analysis.
Common Name: Blood Doctor
WebMD Physician Directory
To search by name or specialty, visit the WebMD Physician Directory WebMD Physician Directory.
St. Petersburg, Florida
St. Petersburg (often shortened to St. Pete) is a city in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The city is known as a vacation destination for North American and European vacationers.
With a purported average of some 360 days of sunshine each year, it is nicknamed "The Sunshine City." For that reason, the city is a popular tourist and retirement destination, especially for those in the United States from colder Northern climates ? particularly New York City, Detroit, and Chicago. However, in recent years the population has shifted in a more youthful direction.
Sickle Cell Disease (Sickle Cell Anemia)
Sickle cell anemia (SCD) facts
- Sickle cell anemia (SCD) is an inherited disorder of the hemoglobin in blood.
- Sickle cell anemia requires the inheritance of two sickle cell genes.
- Sickle cell trait, which is the inher...
Emergency Contact for St. Petersburg
- In case of Emergency, call 911
Nearby St. Petersburg Hospitals results
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.