Sickle Cell Center - Springfield, IL
- WebMD Physician Directory of Springfield Hematologist Doctors
- Related Sickle Cell Articles
- Springfield Emergency Contacts
- Nearby Springfield Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - Springfield
Springfield Hematologist Doctors for Sickle Cell
Type of Physician: Hematologist
What is a Hematologist? A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal Medicine or Pathology; Hematologists treat diseases of the blood, spleen, and lymph glands such as anemia, clotting disorders, sickle cell disease, hemophilia, leukemia, and lymphoma. They perform special types of transfusions and biopsy the bone marrow for analysis.
Common Name: Blood Doctor
Hematologist Doctors in Springfield * results
Don't see your city? Use the WebMD Physician Directory to expand your search.
Sickle Cell Disease (Sickle Cell Anemia)
Sickle cell anemia (SCD) facts
- Sickle cell anemia (SCD) is an inherited disorder of the hemoglobin in blood.
- Sickle cell anemia requires the inheritance of two sickle cell genes.
- Sickle cell trait, which is the inher...
Emergency Contact for Springfield
- In case of Emergency, call 911
Nearby Springfield Hospitals results
- 1St Johns Hospital
800 E Carpenter St
Springfield, Illinois 62702
- 2Memorial Medical Center
701 N 1st St
Springfield, Illinois 62781
- 3Andrew Mcfarland Mental Health
901 E Southwind Rd
Springfield, Illinois 62703
- 4Taylorville Memorial Hospital
201 E Pleasant St
Springfield, Illinois 62568
- 5Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hosp
200 Stahlhut Dr
Springfield, Illinois 62656
- 6Passavant Area Hospital
1600 W Walnut St
Springfield, Illinois 62650
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.