Patient Comments: Shoulder Bursitis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your shoulder bursitis?

Comment from: mary sub, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I had 3 months of physical therapy for knee replacement that went very well. Two days after release from therapy, I woke up to excruciating pain in shoulder and biceps. I don't think I slept wrong and have been doing exercises. I had 2 massages for shoulder bursitis, first one was great, second one didn't do deep massage. I can't sleep through the night, because of sleeping on side; it is hard to sleep on back. Shoulder and arms quit horrible pain around 1 in afternoon. I am exercising, but have been putting up with this and sometimes it hurts so bad I could cry. It wakes me up all through the night, so now I not only hurt, but am worn out.

Comment from: 40 again, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I had severe pain from spondylosis in either the right or left hip area to the point I could not walk or would limp to the point I could not work. I went to chiropractic treatment as I had trouble getting up and down, and back pain. I am a paratransit bus driver and normally very active, this really stopped me to the point I was in constant pain. I was sent to a back specialist and had a mid, bilateral block. Wow, I feel 100 percent better now. Later he will burn the nerves in this area for what should help me to be pain free. This procedure of the block was done 2 days ago.

Comment from: Malak, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

My child is one year and a half old, and since he was 5 month he has had constipation. He passes stools every 5 days and he suffers a lot, crying, and shouting. I am giving him food full of fibers plus vegetables and fruits plus laxative medication, and he is still constipated.

Comment from: scout6180, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 29

Shoulder bursitis is the most painful condition imaginable. There is absolutely no respite in any conceivable position to eliminate the pain that continues 24/7 without relief. Because of the pain intensity, there is also no sleep which hampers the healing process. On a scale of 1 to 10 for pain, this was a solid 10. In fact, the pain was so bad, I went to the local emergency room after 2 days of pure agony. Even after being put on anti-inflammatory medicines and strong painkillers by the resident doctor there, it still hurts badly. Strangely, I can't recall any specific activity that led to the condition, however the onset was rapid (within 3 hours), but the healing process seems to take forever.

Comment from: marmee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

Bursitis caused terrible pain in my right shoulder. It made it impossible to do many simple tasks. I got a cortisone shot in my shoulder and arm which greatly helped the pain, but caused itching and a rash on several parts of my body.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had chronic pancreatitis for 21 years now. It has wreaked havoc on my mental and physical wellbeing. I am not the person I was before I got this illness, it has changed me both mentally and physically into a different person. I believe what we need is more understanding and help from the medical profession.

Comment from: evie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I have severe pain in the upper chest area, and pressure like a heart attack. Most medications made my gastritis worse.

Shoulder Bursitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with shoulder bursitis.
Shoulder Bursitis - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for your shoulder bursitis? Were they effective?
Shoulder Bursitis - Prevention Question: Please share suggestions for preventing shoulder strain and bursitis.