Patient Comments: Shoulder Bursitis - Prevention

Please share suggestions for preventing shoulder strain and bursitis.

Comment from: connie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 17

Informally I was told by a naturopath who worked in a retirement home that fish oil, with flax and borage had helped those with bursitis who resided in their facility. The facility was asked to see if borage would be beneficial to their heart patients. The results were that the borage did not seem to affect the heart, but all of the patients with bursitis had found great relief, I had been suffering with a frozen shoulder and was anxious to try anything. It worked. I still suffer from bouts of bursitis in my shoulder, but the borage has proven to give me relief within a couple of days, the last three times I have been affected. I usually finish the bottle of pills and then stop taking more until the next bout begins. I wish this could be researched as I have been told that taking fish oil can cause all kinds of health problems.

Comment from: Wendy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I went to a physiotherapist with shoulder bursitis and he gave me exercises to do and put tape on my shoulders. I found the next day I started getting more movement. I think the tape lifted the pressure off the inflamed area and helped a lot.

Comment from: aura, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been suffering with painful shoulders for three years after two surgeries and five cortisone injections, with no results.

Shoulder Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your shoulder bursitis?
Shoulder Bursitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with shoulder bursitis.
Shoulder Bursitis - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for your shoulder bursitis? Were they effective?