Patient Comments: Shoulder Bursitis - Treatments

What kinds of treatment did you receive for your shoulder bursitis? Were they effective?

Comment from: yachtie2, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I had an x-ray guided cortisone injection for my shoulder bursitis, 6 days ago. I felt immediate pain relief but on the 2nd day a massive migraine like headache for which I took Maxalt melt tablets (I have had this before), but this time my stomach started to rumble like a train and my mouth felt like I had bile in it. I couldn"t eat properly and even water has been difficult. This is now the 6th day and I have a small amount of pain in my shoulder but nothing like it was and I am still feeling like I have a fever, I'm not sleeping properly or eating. I am very tired and although I tried to do my exercises for the shoulder my stomach was saying lie down or you"ll throw up. I am not sure if this is normal and I have had just ordinary cortisone injections before with no reaction other than the headache. The injury is 5 years old and has had intensive treatment at the start and then none for 4 years and then more intensive treatment. I'm not sure if it was worth it but I couldn"t lift a jug of water before, now I can get it off the bench a little; no pouring yet.

Comment from: Brittsmama, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I have had pain in my shoulder area for approximately 4-6 weeks. Certain movements put me in the 7-8 range for pain. I went to the doctor today, and was diagnosed with bursitis in my shoulder. I was given a shot in my arm containing three meds – a numbing medicine, an ant-inflamatory, and the other for pain. I was told the pain should subside in 3-5 days.

Shoulder Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your shoulder bursitis?
Shoulder Bursitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with shoulder bursitis.
Shoulder Bursitis - Prevention Question: Please share suggestions for preventing shoulder strain and bursitis.