Patient Comments: Shoulder Bursitis - Experience

Please describe your experience with shoulder bursitis.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have had bursitis for two months and feeling exhausted from pain and disrupted sleep. I am embarking on eating lots of foods which are supposed to reduce inflammation in the body, such as berries, turmeric capsules, bitter cherry juice, green tea, etc. I am also trying B vitamins and magnesium supplements.

Comment from: FL, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

My left shoulder has been in constant pain for over 12 months now. Three injections have not helped my shoulder bursitis. In fact the last one made it worse. I am taking pain relief that just does not work, sleep is something that is not productive as it doesn't matter how I lie the pain is like a severe burning. I have a lump in my arm that throbs and have had a lot of time off work. Small help from meditation and gentle exercise.

Comment from: seaweed, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 01

I have been a surfer for over 40 years and never had any problems, you can imagine how a surfer relies on shoulders for paddling. I had acute right shoulder and referred arm pain without warning. I tried everything, physiotherapy, cortisone shot, anti-inflammatory medications, rest, and nearly 2 years not surfing, till bingo back in water catching waves with no pain. Now my other shoulder is sore with no warning. Thus here we go again, time seems to be healer for bursitis, so don't give up.

Comment from: kelly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I had a road accident quite few years ago. Although the accident was minor, I had lots of pain in my left shoulder and neck, but as I was much younger, I did not get it checked. Now I am suffering with bursitis and the pain is traveling to my left breast, it hurts so much, and my shoulder and neck feel numb, hot, tingly and very painful, and every movement hurts. Also the breast feels like a lump, very painful. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Andeey, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I have bursitis in my left shoulder. Cortisone shot gave no relief. At present I sleep with ice packs under my shoulder and on top of the bend in my arm. It is taking over my days and I am ready for more invasive therapy. I have constant pain. There has been no injury but the possible cause could be my wheelchair.

Comment from: PatientErik, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 23

I had a few serious injuries in my shoulder over the years. I have been lifting weights. I went to various doctors over 2 years, no help from that, so I started doing exercises and stretches at home. In a few months I had no more pain from shoulder bursitis. I could do barbell bench press again, which I skipped for a few years after the injuries.

Comment from: carla, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I am semi active, did a lot of driving. I have pain in right shoulder, and in the mornings when I wake my hand feels very large and tingles and hurts so bad. It will get tingly when I move my arm out to the side or slightly away from my side. I wonder if it is bursitis.

Comment from: Nathalia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I work as a nanny and I am 50 years old. For the past two weeks, I am not able to work because of severe shoulder pain, I think from shoulder bursitis. And this is the only means of my earning.

Shoulder Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your shoulder bursitis?
Shoulder Bursitis - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for your shoulder bursitis? Were they effective?
Shoulder Bursitis - Prevention Question: Please share suggestions for preventing shoulder strain and bursitis.