Medical shock is a life-threatening medical condition. There are several types of medical shock, septic shock, anaphylactic shock, cardiogenic shock, hypovolemic shock, and neurogenic shock. Causes of shock include heart attack, heart failure, heavy bleeding (internal and external), infection, anaphylaxis, spinal cord injury, severe burns, chronic vomiting or diarrhea. Low blood pressure is the key sign of sock. Treatment is dependant upon the type of shock.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix. Appendicitis often causes fever, loss of appetite, and right lower quadrant...learn more »
In This Article
- Appendicitis facts
- What is the appendix?
- What is appendicitis and what causes appendicitis?
- What are the symptoms of appendicitis?
- How is appendicitis diagnosed?
- Imaging studies to diagnosis appendicitis
- Why can it be difficult to diagnose appendicitis?
- What is stump appendicitis
- What are the complications of appendicitis?
- What other conditions can mimic appendicitis?
- How is appendicitis treated?
- How is an appendectomy done?
- What are the complications of appendectomy?
- Are there long-term consequences of appendectomy?
- What is new about appendicitis?
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...learn more »
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 6 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?