Medical shock is a life-threatening medical condition. There are several types of medical shock, including:
- septic shock,
- anaphylactic shock,
- cardiogenic shock,
- hypovolemic shock, and
- neurogenic shock.
Causes of shock include:
Low blood pressure
is the key sign of sock. Treatment is dependant upon the type of shock.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix. Appendicitis often causes
sings and symptoms such as:
Abdominal pain in...learn more »
In This Article
- Appendicitis definition and facts
- What is the appendix?
- What is appendicitis and what causes appendicitis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of appendicitis?
- Is there a test to diagnose appendicitis?
- Imaging studies to diagnosis appendicitis
- Which specialties of doctors treat appendicitis?
- Why can it be difficult to diagnose appendicitis?
- What is stump appendicitis?
- What are the complications of appendicitis?
- What other conditions can mimic appendicitis?
- What is the treatment for appendicitis?
- How is an appendectomy done?
- What are the complications of appendectomy?
- Are there long-term consequences of appendectomy?
- What is new about appendicitis?
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...learn more »
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 9 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- What is type 1 diabetes
- What is type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?