Patient Comments: Shingles - Vaccine

Please describe your experience with the shingles vaccine.

Comment from: Jay, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I got the shingles vaccine and one year later I have a case of shingles. The vaccine didn't help me.

Comment from: Deaconzeb, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I had the shingles vaccine two years ago. Today I was diagnosed with shingles and the pain is very intense with involvement of the eye. In my case the vaccine did not work or the vaccine itself was manufactured incorrectly.

Comment from: Dizlib, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 20

I got the shingles vacine last fall. I had no trouble at all...not even soreness around the injection site. However, my husband put it off and never got the shot. This week he was diagnosed with shingles and is in a lot of pain. GET THE SHOT.

Comment from: Debnky, 55-64 Female Published: November 20

I am 60 years old. The vaccine did not hurt one bit. Basically, they administer it on the fatty part of your arm. No problem, whatsoever. I got it because my granddaughter has leukemia and is in the hospital. We need to take every precaution.

Shingles - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your shingles?
Shingles - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your shingles?
Shingles - Contagious Question: Please describe your experience with shingle contagious period.
Shingles - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with shingles.