Patient Comments: Shaken Baby Syndrome - Symptoms

Do you know a victim of shaken baby syndrome? What were his/her symptoms?

Comment from: Tammy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I was shaken by my father back when I was 7 years old. I remember him shaking me so hard that my head hurt and I couldn't hold my head up for very long. This would cause my head to drop to the back left or back right of either shoulder. Ever since then I have has a lot of problems remembering things that seem mentally too difficult in nature to remember. I was never seen by a doctor after this happened. To this day I suffer with migraines, have had several problems with my neck muscles. This is perhaps the cause of my life struggle of a learning disability.

Comment from: 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

My daughter was 14 months old when we found out that the bleeding in her brain was caused by shaken baby syndrome.

Shaken Baby Syndrome - Tips for Calming a Crying Baby Question: Please share your tips for calming a crying baby.