Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs In Women) Index
Sexually transmitted diseases, or STDs,
are infections that are transmitted during any type of sexual exposure,
including intercourse (vaginal or anal), oral sex, and the sharing of sexual
devices, such as vibrators. Women can contract all of the STDs, but may have no symptoms, or have different symptoms than men do.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...learn more »
Scabies are itch mites that burrow under the skin and produce intense itching that's usually worse at night. Symptoms of scabies...learn more »
Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition that is characterized by vaginal discharge resulting from an overgrowth of...learn more »
In This Article
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) Article
- What is a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
- What causes a urinary tract infection?
- Are urinary tract infections contagious?
- What are urinary tract infection symptoms and signs?
- When should people seek medical care for a UTI?
- How do physicians diagnose a urinary tract infection?
- What kinds of doctors treat urinary tract infections?
- Are there home remedies for a urinary tract infection?
- What is the treatment for a urinary tract infection?
- What follow-up is needed for a urinary tract infection?
- Is it possible to prevent a urinary tract infection?
- What is the prognosis of a urinary tract infection?
In This Article
Genital Herpes in Women Article
- Genital herpes in women facts
- What is genital herpes?
- How common is genital herpes?
- What are the signs and symptoms of genital herpes?
- What causes genital herpes, and how is it spread?
- How do you get genital herpes (transmission)?
- What kind of doctors treats genital herpes?
- How is genital herpes diagnosed?
- Is there a cure for genital herpes?
- Are home remedies or natural treatments effective for genital herpes?
- What medications treat and manage genital herpes?
- How is genital herpes managed during pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis for
a person with genital herpes?
- Is there a link between genital herpes and HIV?
- Can genital herpes be prevented?
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...learn more »