Patient Comments: Septic Arthritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with septic arthritis.

Comment from: frank, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

It was the worst experience of my life. I lay on my bed for 3 weeks in agony while medics failed to diagnose me. I was even put in plaster for a week. After 3 weeks one of them ordered a blood test as an afterthought. I was called 2 days later and told to get to hospital quickly! For 3 weeks I was in hospital on a drip, manipulations, lots of physiotherapy, all useless and finally I had a full knee replacement. I am still sore 3 years on, I assume because of all the surrounding damage.

Septic Arthritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your septic arthritis?
Septic Arthritis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your septic arthritis?
Septic Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of septic arthritis?