Patient Comments: Separation Anxiety - Cause

What was the cause of your separation anxiety?

Comment from: Roja62, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

My Hungarian parents were in a Refugee Camp when they met and had me. I was a "7th month" baby and was sickly as a result. When the War was over my father decided that we should move to Venezuela, and we traveled in a Ship. On the way I became even sicklier, and because there was no room in the Pediatric Section, I was placed in the T.B.Section where I contracted T.B. When we arrived in Venezuela my mother found out she was pregnant with the eldest of my 5 brothers so I was isolated with my paternal grandmother, and could not go near my mother for 2 years, as she became pregnant again.

Separation Anxiety - Symptoms Question: What were some of the symptoms of your child's separation anxiety?
Separation Anxiety - Experiences Question: Please share your experiences of separation anxiety.
Separation Anxiety - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your separation anxiety?