Patient Comments: Senior Sex - Experience

Question:Have you found your sex drive has decreased as you have aged?

Comment from: Riccardo, 55-64 Female Published: May 15

I got tennis elbow a few months ago and it hurts when I stretch it out or when I touch it. No swelling so far.

Comment from: Jeannie, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

I was taking Imuran for my Crohn's disease and I had pancreatitis and that pill damaged my pancreas caused my stool to change color.

Comment from: 81 and loveing it., 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I'm 81 years old and my wife is 75. We enjoy sex about once a week primarily in our large bath tub. I've had erectile dysfunction for some time and have taken pills to get an erection. I just ordered a penis pump and trust it will help the situation.

Comment from: Granny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

Yes my sex drive has decreased as I have aged because of chronic pain following back surgery 4 years ago that never improves.

Comment from: None, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

Yes, my sex drive has decreased as I have aged. Especially dealing with chronic back pain that is unresolvable.

Comment from: Concerned, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 25

My husband had an allergic reaction to almost all antibiotics after having surgery, a lot of steroids were given. His feet and stomach are very swollen, and it's been ten days since he has been home. I don't know how long it will take for the swelling to go down.

Comment from: PAredneck, 55-64 Female Published: July 21

I was stung by a wasp on the calf. It hurt more than any bee sting I've ever had. It swelled up my entire calf. It still hurts 3 days later like a deep bruise.

Comment from: Warrior, 65-74 Male Published: December 02

I am 71 years old and will be 72 in February. I have never had a problem health-wise, I take no prescription medicine, no flu shots, nothing. I am 5'10" and weigh 200 pounds with 8 percent body fat and have abs and no love handles. I only have a problem with erections when I am with my wife who is 69, petite at 5'4" and 100 pounds and beautiful. Forty-five years of marriage later, I have a hard time getting the full-long lasting erections I was used to. Now with my 45-year-old girlfriend it too was a problem, once, and then for the last few years -- without taking anything other than some nitric tablets -- it has been rock and roll, once I get going, but it takes a little time.

Comment from: smileybaby, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

As I aged especially after retiring I have found my sex drive has increased. I am 67 and these last 2 years have been hard for me. I for the first time got a vibrator and use it regularly. I should tell you my husband died of cancer 2 yrs ago and for about 3 years, we didn't have any type of sexual relationship. I have even purchased a book called "Sex after 60. It opened my eyes and I think I talk more easily about what I want in a sexual relationship. I am more open now than before.

Comment from: Sergio, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 28

My drive has not decreased, but my wife is no longer interested. We haven't had intercourse for five years (ugh!). I'm 74 � so I masturbate three or more times per week. I'm not as aroused as I was at 17, but close. I love being aroused and wish I was wanted sexually.

Senior Sex - Emotions Question: In what ways have emotions affected your sex life as you've aged?
Senior Sex - Improvement Question: How have you and/or your partner worked to improve your sex life as you age?
Senior Sex - Safe Sex Question: If you're a sexually active senior, how do you practice safe sex?